Langkawi..Malaysia's best kept Secret

Its almost 2 years and, I am still awstruck with this small simple place.
In the midst of the ocean ,surrounded by forests and gifted by nature lies the island of Langkawi in Malysia.I had the priviledge of visiting this island city this July 2009

Technically forming part of Malaysia but very much near to Thailand ,this place is located in the Andaman sea.It consists of cluster of 99 Islands and has white sand beaches and a large variety of flora and fauna to treat ones eyes.

There were so many things to do in Langkawi and we just had very little time to spend here.It was so difficult to decide on what to do and prioritize.We reached there in the afternoon and the sun was smiling beautifully on the hush hush green landscapes. .It took me some time to register I am in Langakawi,the place I wanted to vist for years.The beauty of this place was perfectly like a teenager,very naΓ―ve,rustic and natural.
Surrounded by coconut palms,long green fields and tropical forests this island welcomed us happily Fortuantely our resort was based adjacent to the beach so we had a great view.
Langkawi completely reminded me of Goa with its small streets ,coconut groves on both sides ,houses with sloping roofs and beautiful greenery till the point your eyes can stretch

One of the best things in this island is in the mangroves.The Mangrove cruise was one of the most memorable things of this trip.We witnessed some well-protected green mangrove forests here.The entire journey was in a speeding boat through the waters of Kilim river and the water droplets would touch our faces when we tried to peep out of the boats.As we laid our eyes on the surrounding, we witnessed some spectaculars wonders of nature.There were number of caves formed giving views of unique limestone rock formations emerging from the floor of the mangrove swamp and seabed.The Stalactites and Stalagmites which I had only read in my geography text book in School, actually came in front of my eyes The Bat caves with about 1000 hanging bats hooked to the ceiling gave us goosebumps.Then there was a place rather as they call it a cove where they were 10-15 hovering eagles which were bending down on the water to grab food and circling one after another to eat the pieces of food which our guide was offering

The next best thing was the cable car ride to see the island city from a birds eye. The cable car took us up to the mountain Gunung Mat Cincang at inclined at about 45Degrees.It could give the spectacular view of the islands including neighboring Thailand .The steepness of the cable made this journey really very exciting.The area was surrounded by fog,but the site of the beautiful city at one single glance was simply amazing.The air up there was very pleasant and the breezes were pampering me, as if I were using a chilled blow dryer on my hair

Then was the Waterfall.Langkawi is known for its waterfalls including Lubuk Sembilaang,Temurun,Durian Perangin and Seven Wells waterfalls.It took quite some time to climb all the way up in the typical tropical forests of south east asia to watch the waterfall but everything was worth it.The waterfall was just lovely and it gave us the jungle feel.

Whatever the time we otherwise had was spent in our resort which just bordered the lovely white sand beach with emerald green lush greenery on one side and sapphire blue sea cost on the other..When I just turned my ipod on and lay relaxing on the beach chairs, it made me simply to forget about the mundane world I catered to daily.
The pool side was yet another good experience,just relaxing in the pool sipping on a pinna colada made me forget all my tensions which I left here in Mumbai.

The time had finally arrived to leave this beautiful place and go back to my own life.So we left this place and boarded a flight ,not just to go back but with hope and intention that we would come here once again or may be many more times to find solitude,peace,serenity,beauty and breathe the fresh air of this Island whenever we have whatever little time.
And when this thought swept my mind,I correctly saw a board on the Langkawi airport..Selamat Jalan(see you again)!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Cycles: by Paulo Coelho

Breaking Free: 7 Things I Stopped Doing as a Former People Pleaser

A Celeb Extravaganza: My Triple Starstruck Bonanza on January 7th with the Power of Manifestation! πŸŒŸπŸŽ‰