The Night

It was like a dark night.. Which dint seem to getting over..but there is always a hope of a dawn breaking..there was a hope but there was no dawn.. I was walking in this forbidden forest. The night was getting darker and darker..fear was rising.. What if the night never got over..what if its dark always
Todays spring will break into summer.. Summer to autumn and autumn to winter.. Wht will happen in a winter night..i might die of cold or worse get handicapped or eaten by a wild beast
I could only see the north star..  I took its guidance.. N started walking.. I broke my shoes and continued walking.. Then my practical self emerged out and told me.. He was laughing at me
He said'' you chose this path right?..now enjoy it..i gave u an easier path but you wanted to chase your dreams..dreams never come true.. They are illusion''
I got scared.. Really.. I Cried a lot.. He stood there laughing at me..was i wrong? I thought
I walked further crying sobbing.. I could hear the tigers roar, witches howl, snakes creep and hynas laugh..i called upon my guardian angels to guide me.. 

It was getting darker n darker.. Now i gave up my hopes.. I would nt get my treasure.. Such a jewl box never existed.. I should have listened to practical  self.. I should have gone for the easier way out..a comfortable house.. In my backyard.. A steady job.. A convenient house and marry a woman of my parents  choice..who would be a good wife..but then why not Maria? The woman whom i loved dearly.. Perhaps she never even thought of me after she left the town..it has been 14 years...I am a simple man.. She might have found a richer man., and..why on earth do I need a jewel box which lies in my dreams ?..
So i tried to change my direction.. But it was too late..I could not find my way back to the path my practical self had suggested..so i decided to hang on and sit by a lake ..i could see my reflection in the lake .. I got scared even looking at that too.. My image was scary
It was darker and darker.. There was no moon.. I decided to give up.. N face it.. Even if i die it will be in pursuit of my dreams .. I couldnt see anything it was pitch dark... I fell asleep somewhere
The next thing i remember was when i woke up.. It was dawn.. Yes Dawn had arrived..  I rubbed my eyes to see something.. 
It was she... She was there..Maria.. My Maria ..she was sprinkling water on my face.. ''Jake... Jake...Wake up Jake.. Its me Jake.. Do you remember? What are you doing in this forest?''
I was numb speechless.. Marias father was the forest officer.. N they were staying there for 14 years now..
We spoke a lot for the next 2 hours.. Everything on earth.. Her and my passions..her dreams her life.. Even today when our eyes met there were fireworks.. Still the same fireworks what i saw as a boy of 17 and today as a man of 31. She had become more beautiful than what she was when I last saw her. Her short hair had transformed into long golden tresses..her freckled face had cleared but blue eyes were same though..
''Come on Jake .. I ve got to show you something.. ''She took me to the backyard.. There it was.. Jewel box.. I waited all my life to find it.. Couldnt believe my eyes..
''How did you know I was looking for this?''i asked overwhelmed.. I could barely speak

'' i dint know you were looking for this.. I found this years ago in forest but never thought of sharing with anyone until you came along'' she said with a smile

Life is strange I thought.. When you search for love you never find it.. When you search for your passion your dream your treasure you find love.. And when you stop looking for your Passion you find your treasure 

I hugged her ..I ran my fingers over her golden long hair.. She felt protected as She rested in my strong arms.. I was blessed.. So was she

The night had ended.. Sun shone bright.. Golden yellow.. Reflecting in her eyes.. And it was fireworks as our souls kissed!!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Cycles: by Paulo Coelho

Breaking Free: 7 Things I Stopped Doing as a Former People Pleaser

21 days of Success- Day 4