All is fair in Love ,War and in finding a taxi in Mumbai

All my life I have learnt not to lie and always speak the truth.I have been following it too,but not recently.

Every morning when I leave for work and stop every cab,the cabbie never stops.If he stops he runs away when I say Lower parel.Or sometimes he give some such an angry expression ,which make me wonder if I uttered a bad word.I reach work late due to this crap and feel miserable.The case is same when i leave for home at 7.00 in the evening.And trust me its not just the case with me its with everyone in Mumbai who are running for cabs/autos.Be it work or to go out ,Cabbies wont even stop.We can manage it butI know there are people who really need cabs eg: senior citizens,patients,pregnant women,women with small children.

So I decided to play this game,and succeeded.Not just once ,but twice.

First instance it was 31st Dec night when i was out with friends at a restaurant in shivaji park which had one hour of waiting for dinner.We decided to move out.Meanwhile my friend called in  many restaurants but the only restaurant which had table for  4-5 of us was 15-20 mins walking distance.And we would lose that too if we wouldnt reach in 5 mins.The only choice we had was taxi.And as we all know taxis wont come for short distance.
So there i stopped a taxi saying "Bandra".The cabbie agreed.Then i told my friends to just pretend that I am booking a restaurant table.I first turned my phone on" Silent" so that it doesnt ring in betwen my nautanki.I tried speaking in Hindi so that the cabbie too understands.I pretended to talk to the booking desk"Kya? Aur 2 ghante lagenge? Ussse pehele koi table khaali nahi?Koi baat nahi hum kahhi aur chale jaate hai"..

Meanwhile we reached our destination and it was exact 4 mins in my clock.We told the cabbie"Bhai sahab,Bandra jaane waale the,par uss hotel main jagah nahi hai..Aaap idhar hi chod dena"We got off paid him 16 Rs and ran off controlling our laughter.

Second incidence happened today on way back work ,where I similarly told Santacruz and reached Mahim:-)

Sometimes I wonder ,in both cases ,he may have agreed if i would have told about my destination.Probabaly he was a good guy.But was time crunched and couldnt take any chances.

Then I thought to myself All is fair in Love ,War and in finding a  taxi in Mumbai

Comments

  1. Awesome dude... that is called sense of humor. one open heart complimentary is you have power to maintain the flow while describing....!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Cycles: by Paulo Coelho

Breaking Free: 7 Things I Stopped Doing as a Former People Pleaser

21 days of Success- Day 4