Anybody can Zumba

 


Our Preparation- Performance -Perfection Punishment culture makes us believe that we need to be prepared for something new and perform with perfection else need to be punished( self loathing & criticism)


When it comes to Zumba I like it because it has nothing to do with perfection. It is joy ease fun. 


So without looking at perfection let us answer some common faq about Zumba


  1. It is my first class . I have never taken a Zumba class can I still do it : Yes anyone can do Zumba . Just have fun
  2. I cant follow the steps cause n you show the steps again: Zumba is not a dance teaching class. You don’t need to understand or remind and by heart the steps. Just follow the instructor snd have fun. Keep moving
  3. What do I wear : Track pants and t shirt which is comfortable. You can even wear leggings and a top which helps easy movement. Wear a comfortable sports bra.
  4. Are Sport shoes necessary: Yes sport shoes with fitting socks are very necessary to 
  5. Can I drink water in between: Yes but just Sip - dont chug. 
  6. Can I eat before the class: Atleast have a 2 hours gap between your full meal and a class. Dont be too full. Also if you are very hungry before the class you can eat an orange or an apple. I sometimes eat a scoop of yogurt or few crunchy sunflower seeds
  7. Can I eat after the class: Yes infact after the class shower well and have a good meal with proteins, salad and veges 
  8. I have health issues /had a surgery can i take the class : Not advisable to take immediately but consult your doctor and speak to them. You can start slowly and with medical advise 
  9. I have had a sports injury, can I take a class : consult your doctor and a physiotherapist only then you can start. With their support you can slowly start. Keep them posted 
  10. I am pregnant/lactating canI take the class : Yes again start slow. Keep your medical team in loop. If you had a C-sec - you ll be given special advise
  11. I am on my period- can I take the class : Well go easy but don’t miss . If you are in extreme pain don’t jump or do heavy steps but the music can even help you get through mood swings and cramps
  12. I miss a class can I take the next one : Ofcourse every class is different yet on the same lines ( like episode of FRIENDS) If you miss one its ok - join the other
  13. I cant dance: Nor can I - but I am still your instructor. If I can so can you ðŸ˜€


See you in class Don’t forget to enjoy❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Cycles: by Paulo Coelho

Breaking Free: 7 Things I Stopped Doing as a Former People Pleaser

21 days of Success- Day 4