The Girl who reads

 #introductorypost

#mybibliophilestory 


They say people who read never get bored of life . 


I am Ashwini Chubé a book lover. That’s a simplest way to describe me. I can never get tired of reading. 


My earliest memory with the books was my Grandpa and my Mom Dad reading out Fairy Tales to me at bedtime. My favourite was Cinderella and  Snow White and the 7 dwarfs . Everyone in my house was a voracious reader. 


The first 20 years  of my life I only read study books and encyclopaedias. My Grandpa had gifted me the entire set of Childcraft- World Book- Britannica Encyclopaedia. I use to spend hours reading them.


The first book I read other than these was at 20 - that too because I  had to write an essay for applying for MBA entrance on ‘ my favourite book ‘ . I picked up the shortest book ‘ Who moved my cheese’ and summarised it. 


The next taste of books actually happened when I read the Harry Potter series because my Childhood best friend Supriya used to keep talking about Harry Potter. This series changed me because I started believing in Magic once again. I especially remember reading Harry Potter and the half blood Prince in a train back from Madgaon ( Goa) to Mumbai sitting on the top sleeper berth in an AC compartment cosy blanket not even wantingto climb down for lunch . I remember my parents uncle aunts and cousins asking me “ What kind of book is that ? She doesn’t want to even have lunch? ” 


The true book love however began when I flew all solo to Singapore  and I carried the book “ Many Lives Many Masters” by Dr Brian Weiss. I couldn’t stop reading. And then the Saga began . I realised that give me a book a cup of coffee and I can go on and on. 


Some Facts about me and my Bibliophile World:

1)Today my book collection is close to 500 physical books and another big bunch on Kindle and lot of pdf books too. 


2)There are perpetually at least 2 books which lie next to my bedside


3)Wherever I travel for short term trips I carry at least 5 books 


4) I carry a book in my bag even when I go locally somewhere


5)I have had the reputation of reading a book while standing in bank queues, waiting to run errands and ofcourse in all modes of transport


6)I love to re read books and then realise that it was like an altogether different experience 


7) I am a speed reader ( just like most of you on this group) and have sometime read 5 books in a week


8 ) My favourite genre is Non Fiction - but have read some fiction too especially- Harry Potter 


9) I believe books have the power to heal you 💓


Last but not the least 


10)I have begun writing my own books too which will be released in its Divine timing 🥳💓


Thank you for reading this long post 🥳



Keep reading

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Cycles: by Paulo Coelho

Breaking Free: 7 Things I Stopped Doing as a Former People Pleaser

Transforming Perspectives: How Access Consciousness Shifted My View on Money