Joining the Dots and following your gut

 Coffee cubicle cabin series 


The Big picture - Joining the dots

In 2013 when I was expecting the next big promotion in my career as an investment banker - I was given an offer to move from individual contributor to a people manager role. The glitch was - the new role would have no number crunching, no comparables no financial modelling - instead focus on more admin , business inception & management and relationship building.
As usual I followed my gut and said a yes . It meant being completely away from the core Investment Banker role. Most of my colleagues told me it was a bad decision. But I had made a choice based on my gut feeling and was feeling good about it.

I worked on the role for 18 months - where I worked on everything from starting a team, creating and managing roles, getting system started, co- ordinating with our London bankers, assigning work . Kind of what a Mom does for the house. The only difference was my team was of 60 people. It used to be crazy long hours at times lunch at 5 pm and dinner at 11 and reaching home late only to wake up early for office the next day.  I did not really know why I took this up.
18 months later I switched back to my Investment banker role and an associate later crunching numbers and working on models eventually finding ‘my Calling’ and becoming a life transformation & growth coach and starting Unicorn Insight.

But one thing helped me to start my  Startup from the Scratch - which was taking up this role. It made me understand things like how to set up - how to kickstart things- how to develop business and a lot more. I also learnt to think out of the box and act like an owner.

I remembered Steve Jobs’ words - “You learn to join the dots only when you look back”. But let me tell you - it is important to follow your gut feeling because unlike your logical mind your gut feeling knows your future and hence gives you solutions which your rational mind cannot.

I wrote this article to let all you know that never underestimate your gut feeling and following your joy. It can’t go wrong. Initially it might feel weird- unrealistic or even stupid but it will take you places.

Also if you feel any career decisions you have taken which didnt turn out the way you thought ir expected - know that it has happened for a reason. If you sail through it while focusing on your personal growth - you ll find success and joy - and if you stay persistent enough you ll find your Ikigai too 

When you are unsure of your future- follow your gut feeling, follow your joy
Follow your bliss

You deserve the best 


About the Writer 
Ashwini Chube is a Corporate motivational speaker- trainer,Personal Development Coach,Internationally Certified Access Bars Facilitator ,Reiki Grand Master, Life Transformation & Wellness coach ,Writer, Zumba Instructor and founder of Unicorn Insight
Log on www.unicorninsight.com for more about Trainings with them
Facebook page : Facebook.com/ashwinichubeofficial

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Cycles: by Paulo Coelho

Breaking Free: 7 Things I Stopped Doing as a Former People Pleaser

A Celeb Extravaganza: My Triple Starstruck Bonanza on January 7th with the Power of Manifestation! 🌟🎉