Kudi nu Nachne de - Zumba - Unapologetic, Unexpected ,Free Spirited fun

 The #neonfitnessroutine Zumba

#friyay #funfriday 

I was introduced to Zumba almost a decade ago. It was a new ‘hype’ or ‘fad’ that time. The twenty something Investment Banker me was looking for something fun ,exciting and happening to get a break from my sedentary routine.

One class and I felt - “wow this is awesome“ . For the first time I liked to exercise. I had 2 left feet ( I am still not a good dancer ðŸĪŠ) and my fitness levels were negative 

I remember I used to hate to go to the gym. Let me be honest.I used to accompany my fitness loving gymaholic sister to the gym and end up chit chatting,making friends and cheating on my exercise routine. And if I ever followed strict workout regime I used to get tired and worn out.

However -After a few classes of Zumba - I really got hooked on to it. I remember- when I had a stressful situation at work - I would think “ Its ok - I ll go for Zumba in the evening and will be fine” I never decoded this thought however. 

Years passed and my super hectic schedule never allowed me to match timings with Zumba classes. From 2013-2015 however I found time to do Zumba in addition to my work at the Investment Bank -no matter what. I used to travel all the way to Khar from my comfort area of dadar ,come home shower get ready and go for a crazy hectic job to lower parel. There were days I used to come home at 11:00 or 12:00 or at times later - sometimes have dinner post that. I suffered from digestive problems and especially irritable bowel all the time. But more than anything- Zumba helped me combat mental stress in a corporate world. I hadn’t logically decoded how it worked but it worked.

In July 2017 - I again joined Zumba after becoming an Entrepreneur but unfortunately suffered a knee injury. Most doctors told me “ No Zumba - No Dance - be careful avoid this avoid that“ . 

But our body is capable of healing itself- you just have to just keep telling your subconscious mind that anything is possible. With the right medical and alternative energy medical support and my access consciousness body process- I started dancing again in 6 months. 
(Know my Zumba story in my previous blog post : http://philowini.blogspot.com/2018/02/do-you-zumba-magical-story.html?m=1


In June 2018 - I fulfilled my dream of becoming certified ZIN ( Zumba instructor). As I started taking Corporate Zumba sessions and included it as a part of my Transformational Training - I feel so amazing that more and more people are enjoying the benefits of this Cardio Form .


What changed in me after Zumba: 
So well - Zumba is great for weight loss and toning- however it is much more than that 
Here is what happens after Zumba 
1) Stamina improves: My Stamina Improved gradually. I couldnt sustain my stamina in 20s it has considerably shot up in last 10 years. Funny isn’t it?
Most people around me said after 30 your stamina drops down. Guess what its a lie. 

2) Reduction in Body fat % : When my most friends talk about having leaner bodies in their Fb memories posts - I realised I am much more leaner and fitter in my 30s than 20s. I was and am always blessed with a high metabolism. But with Zumba it just gets better.

3) Skin Quality: My skin is atleast 200 times better than it was 10 years ago.
I had a terrible skin in my teens and was often called’pimple queen’. And now I keep getting compliments for having one of the best skins. 
The most funny question I get is “ Have you done plastic surgery?ðŸĪŠðŸĪĢ

4) Better Flexibility:  When i joined gym in 2008 - my flexibility sucked. I could barely bend till my knees forget touching my toes. But thanks to Zumba ( and also practising regular Reiki self healing and Yoga )I can now bend better- yet not reached my toes but yes getting there

5) Mental Strength:  I think this is the most important part of Zumba. For one hour you forget everything. The Zumba ‘hooting’ and jumping and music can make you forget everything. Studies say 60 mins of Zumba can reduce cortisol levels and increase Serotonin. 

6) Have fun : You are a bad dancer? not very flexible? never worked out? Don’t worry Zumba isn’t about Perfection. The bottomline is Have Fun ..laugh when you go left instead of right..dance even if you miss the rhythm. My first 20 classes back in 2011 were most difficult. I felt like the monkey dancing in a room full of ballerinas . But nonetheless I enjoyed and my stress seemed to melt away. 

7) Community: I have made Zumba friends from 16 year old to 60 year olds. And few of my best friends today are Zumba friends. We just dance and let go of the stress.

8 ) Music: On a recent trip to my friend’s farmhouse with our Zumba squad - we only listened to Zumba music in the car . It was such a joy . It is  so much fun to listen to the latin tracks. There is something about the music. Be it Daddy Yankee with ‘Hoola Hoop’ or ‘ Bailame’ Bailando and Bailale..there is absolutely fun element to it.

9) Improves co-ordination: Your brain works faster when You regularly do Zumba. Whether you are 30 or 40 or 50 when in Zumba, your arms and legs are generally moving in different directions. It helps you stay alert thus improving your mental co-ordination. Studies say - one wi ll never get dementia or alzeimers if Zumba is done on regular basis

10) Feels Energised : I once heard a holistic talk talking about - “ Exercise should make you energised and not let you feel tired. If it is making you tired it is not suiting you” and that changed me. I realised that exercise is supposed to enegise you. Even when I have a crazy day Zumba energises me. And then I am hyper active even at midnight.

Still don’t believe it?
Take up a class and experience Joy. 

About Zumba Fitness

Zumba is an exercise fitness program created by Colombian dancer and cyclist/choreographer Alberto "Beto" Perez during the 1990s. Zumba is a trademark owned by Zumba Fitness, LLC
Zumba classes are typically about an hour long and are taught by instructors licensed by Zumba Fitness, LLC.In one Zumba class, a person can burn up to 600 calories, depending on the energy put forth. The music comes from the following dance styles: cumbia, salsa, merengue, mambo, flamenco, chachacha, reggaeton, soca, samba, hip hop music, axÃĐ music and tango.

There are nine types of classes, for different levels of age and exertion.

Source:Wikipedia

About the writer 

About the Writer 
Ashwini Chube is a Corporate motivational speaker- trainer,Access Bars Facilitator ,Reiki Grand Master, Life Transformation & Wellness coach ,Writer, Zumba Instructor and founder of Unicorn Insight Trainings 
Log on www.unicorninsight.com for more about Trainings with them
Facebook page : Facebook.com/ashwinichubeofficial

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Cycles: by Paulo Coelho

Breaking Free: 7 Things I Stopped Doing as a Former People Pleaser

A Celeb Extravaganza: My Triple Starstruck Bonanza on January 7th with the Power of Manifestation! 🌟🎉