Houndstooth - a Class of its own

#mysuavequotient #fashionthursday


Houndstooth began early era in the Scottish Lowlands. However was made famous by Christian Dior after they used widely in their fashion

Today Houndstooth is an established pattern worn to imply class power and sophistication. From JLo to Blake lively  to Bollywood diva Priyanka Chopra - everyone has sported it.

My personal attention to houndstooth started in 2016 when I first saw a colleague wearing a houndstooth jacket at a seminar and she carried it with so much class.It made me research this a bit and observe the fashionistas flaunt it till I was confident enough to share my bit with you

Here are top 5 ways to wear houndstooth
1. Blazers/Trench coats or Jackets:  Just love the way these amazing patterns look on jackets giving a classy yet powerful look
2. Skirts: My favourite pattern for skirts. Team  up with a white shirt or blouse and wear some nude lipsticks for day at work. For the evening wear a black blouse over it and a neon pink lipstick
3. Pants : They can seriously make you look ‘No nonsense boss babe’ . Team it up with a plain blouse top . Add some accessories and kill everyone with your style
4. Scarves: For the subtle effect choose a wonderful houndstooth scarf over plains
5. Dress : A simple houndstooth dress can add so much sophistication. Team up with a black belt. Wear some nude lipsticks and slay every one at work. Or Wear a red lipstick for a date night with your boo and let that hair down

Well - enough said about Houndstooth. I cant wait to have my own .Yes- till date I haven’t bought the houndstooth wear for my wardrobe. Knowing me that - I take fashion very seriously- this is definitely on my list to buy a bit of houndstooth in my wardrobe. Ideally for me it could be a trench coat or a blazer. Whatever it is - only time will decide

Have a fashionable Thursday
Ashwini Chube

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Cycles: by Paulo Coelho

Breaking Free: 7 Things I Stopped Doing as a Former People Pleaser

A Celeb Extravaganza: My Triple Starstruck Bonanza on January 7th with the Power of Manifestation! 🌟🎉