Rejection - Destiny saying something better

When Destiny Rejects it is for Your Highest Good

Last 2 days while doing work to file my income tax returns I got irritated. I realised doing compliance and mechanical technical work stresses me out so much. Basically I realised this is not my type of work. Going through excel sheets and noting all my income earned in last year and computing blah blah ..felt like so much irritation .I kept thinking when will this work get over and when can I go back and do my work which gives me so much joy and expansion. Then a certain thing struck me and I went in complete awe of myself

Very few people know I had attempted Chartered Accountancy in my college days and that too unsuccessfully.

After passing 10th with decent 84% I took commerce to much dismay of my parents. My mother was extremely disappointed knowing I wont go for science. However she and Dad supported me saying ‘if you are happy I am happy’ . Most of my friends went for science and they as well as their parents too assumed that I am not taking science as I will not be able to cope up with the pressure.

However the only reason I took up commerce as a 15 year old was
- I did not like science at all and was somewhere pissed off with the snobbishness associated with it
- Arts in those days was not considered an option - (although now I know I am a pure psychology student )
- In my family most of them were from commerce background and were successful in their flourishing careers and jobs-my Dad a mainstream banker,my Grandpa -a tax consultant ,my sister a Chartered accountant and all my uncles and aunts in banking and finance

I got admission in the prestigious R A Podar college in Mumbai. I passed 12th commerce with very good marks topping in Economics and Accountancy and missing out my Merit list rank by a very few marks.

Ignoring my amazing right brain which was demanding to be paid attention to do a lot of things in debates,talking,writing,language etc ..I decided to go for Chartered Accountancy exams as that is what the toppers in commerce do -Don’t they? This was the only time in my life I followed the herd. I was taking all decisions from my head and not considering my hearts desires.

I couldn’t complete Chartered Accountancy and saw failure on my marksheet for the first time- inspite of working very hard . I remember sacrificing Diwali holidays , spending nights after nights in studies ,sacrificing social events and not enjoying my life ..doing articleship going for long hour coaching classes to other end of the city and still getting failure.
It broke the heart of a 19 year old as i had an extraordinary track record with my studies. It not just made me feel let down by myself but i also started facing too much criticism,shaming and insensitivity from my peers and so called friends. I started becoming a loner. The only support I had was my family. I remember once on a day of a bad result my dad and maternal uncle buying ice cream to cheer me up and my dad telling me “Forget those results- for us you are always a winner. You pursue some other study course and I m sure you ll pass in distinction “

I had lost faith in myself post that. During the entire course of my studies I developed acute Migraine which when I now look at as a therapist realised it was my body trying to tell me ‘Don’t Do it- you deserve better ‘. But -Somewhere I had started realising that I was more than a failure. Destiny was trying to give me a diversion
I quit Chartered Accountancy with a heavy heart and applied for MBA with the entrance test where I passed with flying colours. The Rest is history.

Today morning as I was doing the cumbersome work of filling my Income Tax return I thought of it. Imagine a perfect life where I d have been a Chartered Accountant - a highly prestigious career. Probably would have done well and would have been filling returns today.  Imagine working 12-14 hours in the job which you don’t like. And then I realised the 10-15 year old story which is a bold proof that no failure is the end of the world.
Today I am a successful motivational speaker, entrepreneur,writer,college lecturer,fitness instructor ....and a lot more. But more than that I thoroughly enjoy the job I do. I daily look forward to opening my laptop to work and to influence people all over the world.

This article is specifically for anyone and everyone who feel they are a failure. Especially for all college students who are beginning a new life in the next few years

Here are the points to be noted


  • Your ambitions could be influenced by people around you.However don’t restrict yourself.Go and see the bigger picture apart from that
  • Do research on options in life if you fail . You ll do something or the other very well
  • Travel a lot .Explore the world..meet new people
  • Read a lot..you ll understand so many things
  • Don’t be afraid to try new things and even fail at it .. you ll see success miraculously if you use this approach
  • If you fail in something..don’t make it end of the world..there is something better coming for you


Well here the motive to write this story down is not to say how bad is CA as a career - don’t misunderstand. I am just trying to say it is each individuals choice. No work is good or bad but if you find any work boring and draining know it is not for you. But at the same time someone else is doing that work will all their heart ,enjoying it and doing great with it  and exceling every single day..solely because they have both the functional and emotional skills for it. The 2 amazing CAs in my family are rocking it - be it advisory or industry:-)

Thank You for reading this article. If you are going through any kind of Failure or rejection know that there is something bigger coming up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Cycles: by Paulo Coelho

Breaking Free: 7 Things I Stopped Doing as a Former People Pleaser

A Celeb Extravaganza: My Triple Starstruck Bonanza on January 7th with the Power of Manifestation! 🌟🎉