My big dream comes true- a Zumba Fitness instructor


As a child I was not very strong and never athletic. I was a good student academically but I have not so good memories of school sports. I remember when - forget winning I couldn’t even complete a school running race and I cried when I went home. My mum gave me a hug and told me- its ok and one day or the other I ll be strong enough to run and exercise.

During my final year of graduation I suffered from acute migraines and was continuously on medications for almost 2 years. It not only impacted my performance in college but also made me gain excess weight.I was so irritated of taking medicines and showing very little improvements but being bombarded with side effects like excess sleep and gain of weight.One fine day I decided to stop taking medicines. I remember telling my parents. "It is okay even if I die but I refuse to take any of these medications” I stopped taking medicines since then. My migraines reduced and I started feeling better. I started using alternate techniques to ease my migraines and consulted homeopathy. I got completely cured in six months.

My first encounter with fitness started in my twenties when I joined a gym close to my house that too because my sister joined.The instructors told me my flexibility wasn’t good and I needed To work on it. Many times due to lack of stamina and muscle strength people in the gym and even in my circle have laughed at me. However to stay fit I continued gymming and that time I only used to gym to lose weight which I had gained in my late teens and early twenties thanks to the medicines.


In 2014 I was introduced to alternative medicine post which my body dynamics changed too drastically and unbelievably. I also started doing Zumba seriously.( to know how my Zumba journey began read my article http://philowini.blogspot.com/2018/02/do-you-zumba-magical-story.html)





My flexibility improved and I started doing regular yoga too. I was surprised to see how much I could stretch and could not believe that it was the same body which used to be so fragile had become much stronger.


In July 2015 me and my friends Charuta and Shubhada were sitting on the terrace of my countryhouse’s terrace in Talegaon- a small contryside town near Pune. Whenever we 3 came together we just spoke about possibilities

We started writing our long time goals among which I wrote an impossible goal becoming Zumba Instructor. Till then I had never even thought of it or rather was even too scared to think of it knowing my history of fitness. But since we were writing big impossible goals I for the first time mentioned about it. I always loved Zumba and the impact it had on my body and mind. I also imagined starting my day by taking a Zumba class before beginning my routine.That time I was working in my full time Investment banking job and had no clue how it would happen.

Within a few months I quit my full time job. Well it was quite an unexpected decision but I took it. I used to give this Zumba instructor dream a thought every now and then but somehow was not confident about myself.

In 2017 I again acknowledged the desire but the dream got pushed due to an injury I faced. I felt my dream of becoming a Zumba instructor falling like a pack of cards.But the injury was an alarm to me to not postpone my dream further - a wake up call to understand that ‘dont delay your dreams’. Now I was in a fix will this ever be possible?

However with the help of my Physiotheraphist (and now best friend too) Dr Ridhima - I oncebagain started Zumba. In January 2018 -I woke up with sore throat and terrible stomach disorder. This was another wakeup call to pursue mindful eating. I immediately consulted my nutritionist Nipa and started a complete new eating style. In 2 months I state seeing my body changing and getting stronger.

Meanwhile I had told my fitness Zumba instructor Shiv about me wanting to pursue the ZIN training successfully .I could dare to pursue the dream again.




In April and May 2018 I again went through periods of anxiety and stress due to a family member getting operated but with the help of my friends, sister and my spiritual teachers and coaches I could cope with it.Dr Ridhima who apart from being my doctor is also a very dear friend kept encouraging me for Zumba. She told me by April 2018 - Ash I think you can start pushing your body more now and by June you should be able to pursue the rigorous training. I was still in 2 minds as was worried about my knee.
However with the help of eating right food and exercising and Yoga regularly I finally managed to decide” come what may I am enrolling by June”

They say when the time is right everytjing happens smoothly ofcourse provided you take the action quickly. My instructor himself was coming up with ZIN course in June 2016. I could see the universe rearranging things for me.

Now I had a Motivational Talk scheduled on the same day as the instructor training and was clueless if I could rearrange it. I had spoken to the concerned person at the institute which hosted my talk and they said they couldn’t reschedule it. Now I was in a fix and hence decided to surrender.



At that point of time I told the Universe “ Universe you know my plans- you know how much I want to do this course, please help me and rearrange my talk if you feel this is the time to enrol for the Zumba instructor course. If not I ll think time hasn’t yet come. I was returning back home the next day when I got the call from the people arranging my talk “ Hello Ashwini Mam - we have rescheduled your talk to next week kindly confirm if that is ok?”

I realised it was my time and without wasting a single day at 2 am in the morning just 4 days before the training I registered.It wasn’t easy for me as I was still a little concerned about my knee.Most people in the class were either fitness trainers or dancers. I was the only one who was neither an athlete nor a trainer nor a dancer. I also had a complex that my dance moves aren’t as good since no one had ever appreciated my dance .

2 days of vigorous training and that too after travelling to other end of the city. It is wasnt easy but it was worth it. Finally the moment came where I got my ZIN license and I am so of myself proud to be a Zumba Fitness instructor.Trust me it is a miracle!

I realised a journey of thousand miles begins with a small step. And well if it is Zumba it is one step to the right and other to the left. Isnt it?

What else is possible?

Love to all my readers

What is Zumba

Zumba is an exercise fitness program created by Colombian dancer and cyclist/choreographer Alberto "Beto" Perez during the 1990s. Zumba is a trademark owned by Zumba Fitness, LLC
Zumba classes are typically about an hour long and are taught by instructors licensed by Zumba Fitness, LLC.In one Zumba class, a person can burn up to 600 calories, depending on the energy put forth. The music comes from the following dance styles: cumbia, salsa, merengue, mambo, flamenco, chachacha, reggaeton, soca, samba, hip hop music, axé music and tango.

There are nine types of classes, for different levels of age and exertion.

Source:Wikipedia


Ashwini Chube is a Corporate motivational speaker- trainer , wellness coach , a Zumba Instructor and founder of Unicorn Insight Trainings which is a part of Unicorn Group.


Log on www.unicorninsight.com for more about Trainings with them

Comments

  1. Superbbbb write up.... keep writing, keep inspiring...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Cycles: by Paulo Coelho

Breaking Free: 7 Things I Stopped Doing as a Former People Pleaser

A Celeb Extravaganza: My Triple Starstruck Bonanza on January 7th with the Power of Manifestation! 🌟🎉