Lessons to learn from Jack Canfield

Learnings from Jack Canfield 

Well imagine- you have been watching videos,reading his books and doing online learning from a big famous mentor and have been awestruck by his phenomenal work. And one fine day you get to learn with him . How would you feel? How would you react . Isnt it a dream come true?

Chicken soup for the soul released when I was in school. Probably so young not even ready to read such books. Besides I wasn’t a book reader at all in school.I had just heard about thus book being released in America and that it was a best seller (superhit according to the pre teen me)

In 2009 My life changed when I read the amazing book The Secret by Rhonda Byrne followed  by the same being converted to a movie. Among the great speakers - the most remarkable was Jack Canfield talking about the law of attraction .Well it completely blew me up.! Among all the celebrities featured on the Secret the most impactful was Jack when he spoke about his publshing Chicken Soup for the soul and how he achieved his goal of getting on the best seller it made me feel inspired 

The Secret was the first step in my spiritual journey..in 2009 when I worked as  a research analyst in Morgan Stanley. I applied the law of attraction to get a raise in my annual review and just by the power of my mind and visualisation got a good raise in 2009 when Investment banking industry was under a rough patch. (ofcourse i worked hard too- 😀and gave my best work to the company). Thus my productivity increased and the money too improved

Fast forward today- where I m an entrepreneur,a motivational speaker and a Wellness n Spiritual coach myself..learning anything is always an added investment. 

A few months ago I was extremely down with viral infection which simply made me weak  and I didn’t have energy even to get out of my bed. I was frustrated as I was trying to get better but my body simply needed rest.

I happened to get a call I got from the company that arranges seminars and Trainings asking me if I was interested in doing this training? They mentioned that the speaker was “Jack Canfield” 
At first I couldn’t believe it but as they say when Universe gives you opportunities grab it with both hands . Dont delay dont sit on it..just take it
I realised this was pure example of Law of Attraction. Watching his videos every day and asking the Universe for a live learning from it - it just manifested .

Well the day seminar went very well with so many amazing speakers sharing great insights. Most important was since I was sitting in the 3rd row I was in the ‘energy’ of the speakers- truly transformational!
And then the man arrived on stage . Jack Canfield himself. I was mesmerised by everything he spoke. And although I had seen his videos almost everyday for the last few years  - learning live was something else.

So well - as a coach and a trainer I would be sharing whatever I could comprehend and understand from him. Here are my top 10 (of the million) learnings from the session


  1. Meditation brings answers :Jack Canfield stated that he hot the title to his book Chicken soup - in his Meditation. Usually Meditation opens up to lot of insights too . As Jack says connect to ‘innernet’ rather than the Internet 
  2. Exercise daily : Exercise is more than just physical fitness. When you exercise your body releases endorphins which simply improve your happiness quotient. People who exercise regularly are less likely to get depression or any other mental illness 
  3. Keep an accountability partner: I loved this one. Make some one close to you an accountability partner. I have made my mom . Not only she is very strict and committed (yes she is)but also she can give me unbiased blunt view about whats going wrong. Choose someone who will show you the mirror 
  4. Take 100% responsibility of yourself not 99% : Jack says nothing happens unless you give it 100% commitment. Not 99% not even 99.9% . It is. Not commitment unless you give 100%
  5. Event + reaction to event equals outcome: It is your response to the event not the event which determines the outcome 
  6. Do not complain- Jack says complaining means you have better option. If you have a better option you might as well choose that won’t you? So if you are not choosing it and instead only complaining - just stop it
  7. It is not an obstacle just a problem to be solved: Just understanding this will shift your energy from I cant do it to “ I am not choosing to do it” . And eventually you ll understand that it is you who is not taking action 
  8. Dealing with negativity- fountain method : Jack also explained that when in negative situations imagine you are surrounded by a water fountain of positivity and anything around you will not affect you
  9. You become average of 5 people you spend time with : Choose your tribe wisely. You become average of 5 people
  10. Rejection is a myth : Jack got rejected n number of times before he finally published Chicken Soup for the soul. Rest as we know is a history. Many times we do not attempt or take risks just with the fear of rejection. But rejection is nothing but your ego stopping you from taking the plunge. Just go for it
  11. Work on idea immediately : The last and the best lesson I learnt was when Universe gives you opportunity- grab with both hands. Don’t wait don’t second guess don’t sit on it. Do it t. universe likes speed. If you don’t someone else will do it

I not only learnt a lot from Jack Canfield- but also realised my dreams of meeting one of my role models too had come true. 
It was a memorable moment for me as I shook hands with this legend and felt so overwhelmed when he said “ Wishing you all the best with everything “

Dreams do come true ..just keep chasing them .. they are waiting for you too

Love to all my readers
Ashwini Chube



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Cycles: by Paulo Coelho

Breaking Free: 7 Things I Stopped Doing as a Former People Pleaser

21 days of Success- Day 4