Time

I was sitting at the Bandaranaike Airport in Sri Lanka waiting for my flight. After checking in my baggage knowing I had a lot of time before taking off - I opened my favourite writer Gabrielle Bernstein’s - The Universe has your back and read it with a new perspective. I had read the book a year ago but now it was making more sense. I almost had tears in my eyes while reading a few paras. I expressed heartfelt gratitude in my heart to the beautiful author for writing this
How many times we honour the present moment without ruminating in the past or being excessively worried about the future. Last 4 months I have been learning several lessons in my journey among which a major lesson is the power of surrender. It is like taking a backseat in the movie of your life and asking the Universe to be the director. Initially it was very very tough. I always have been an alpha female high achiever wanting everything. But then I decided to remove the obsession and be in the flow.
On the flight I ended up watching a Bollywood flick which had a dialogue almost suggested the same meaning as what I was reading at the airport.” When there is Divine will - there is no logic only Magic “
The only prayer I kept saying has been “ Universe you know what I desire. Please take me there. I trust you”
As Gabrielle Bernstein says “ The biggest block to living with faith is time. There are many situations in our lives that we cannot control. You cant decide the exact day you ll conceive,the moment that your lover will propose or a million other things. But you can control how you experience each moment of each day. The way to surrender your need to control time is to embrace the present moment.”
If you are going through tough time right now and are reading this all I can say is trust the Universe . Be in the present moment. Your time will come

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Cycles: by Paulo Coelho

Breaking Free: 7 Things I Stopped Doing as a Former People Pleaser

21 days of Success- Day 4