Women and Body Hatred

“You have lost weight . tell me what you do ? Is it Zumba?” my friend Radha began this conversation as we met for a brunch during Christmas holidays
“Look at me so fat. I have nt had time to workout or diet ” Rina added sulking her face
I decided not to comment. I did not want to get into my ‘Coach ‘ Mode
And then after talking , eating and sipping coffees - it was time for the group selfie.
“Ash you go in the front- we all will stand behind you” - Richa said “ My closeup face looks fat yaa and my skin is terrible.“
We smiled as we clicked pictures. “ oh shit delete the pic- I look fat. Look at my arms they are so ugly “ Revati blurted
“ Yuck my teeth look bad - ash take one more selfie and my double chin oh no” Rani was so upset
Can you relate to the situation?
Let me tell you the truth
I hadn’t really lost any weight
Rina is definitely not fat
Richa has a very good skin too
Rani has a beautiful smile and no double chin
And Revati’s arms are not huge 
We women have only been taught to criticise and shame our own bodies. But what if you decide to love it and accept it the way it is instead of comparing it to the cropped images of poster models
What if you considered exerc
ise as a celebration of who you are instead of a punishment to what you ate yesterday.
What if you embrace your true self without judging yourself and instead focus on joy.
Louise Hay author of You can Heal your life says “ What we think about ourselves becomes the truth for us”
Today take some time and look in the mirror and appreciate the person you see there. Tell them they are beautiful. Appreciate their hair, their face and the body. Appreciate who they are. And tell them No matter what you are there for them
Life is too short to hate yourself.
Love every bit of who you are
After all that’s your super power
Happy Monday
Ashwini Chube
www.unicorninsight.com
Philowini.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Cycles: by Paulo Coelho

Breaking Free: 7 Things I Stopped Doing as a Former People Pleaser

Anybody can Zumba